Tuesday, April 23, 2013

BOOK REVIEW: Clockwork Princess

     It took me nearly a month since I purchased this book to actually crack it open and start reading it. I don't know why it took me so long. I was extremely excited to read the last book in The Infernal Devices series. But, at the same time, knowing it was the last book, I think I didn't really want it to end. So, maybe if I put off reading it the end wouldn't come so quickly.
     However, once I started reading it, I couldn't think about anything else. I just wanted to know what happened next. I read when I could, between work, kids, meals, husband, and whatever else had to be done, over about 3 days.
 
With that I'd like to start with what I found wrong with the book. I really only noticed three things, but they were kind of obvious. The first two happened in the chapter entitled "Ghosts on the Road," when Cecily and Gabriel are going to the East End to get some things for Magnus. On page 275 in the middle of the page and page 279 in third paragraph, Gideon is used instead of Gabriel. That was a bit confusing for me because when I first read it, I was pretty sure that Gideon was not with Gabriel and Cecily. On pages 276 through the top of page 279, we are taken from the East End with Gabriel and Cecily back to the Institute with Gideon and Sophia, then back to Gabriel and Cecily. I can see where there might have been some confusion and just got the wrong name. The other in the chapter "For This Alone," on page 388, when the word house is used instead of horse. One last thing. I believe that there were some phrases or wording that would not have been used in Victorian London. I can't say that I remember exactly where I thought that, but I do remember thinking that a couple of times.
     Besides those few things, the book did not disappoint! I loved it! The first chapter had me laughing, gasping, crying...I knew it was going to be a great book! I had heard that while reading it others felt a full range of emotions constantly, like a roller coaster, that was not a lie! So many things happen and before you know it you've finished it! I think it was a great end to an amazing series. I still prefer The Infernal Devices over The Mortal Instruments. This will be one of my all-time favorite series, always.      Now, with that being said. It did leave me wondering what I missed in The Mortal Instruments. I always had my theories, but now I have to go back and read City of Glass to tie it all together!
    Another bonus was the Shadowhunter family tree on the back cover! AWESOME! I would love to see how the other Shadowhunter families tie into each other! That would be so neat! I've also heard talks of The Infernal Devices movie. I would love to see this story in a movie, whether it be a Hollywood movie or a TV mini-series. I'm not that picky as long as they do a good job!
    Pick up your copies of The Infernal Devices Series: Clockwork Angel, Clockwork Prince and Clockwork Princess at Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble and Walmart.com.


Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment