Monday, April 29, 2013

BOOK REVIEW: Paranormalcy

Paranormalcy is Book 1 of the Paranormalcy series by Kiersten White. 

Basically, it's about a teenage girl, abandon when she was young, bounced from foster home to foster home until she was found by this organization that deals with paranormal beings. Now, when I first heard paranormal, I thought ghosts...okay. But no, it's vampires, werewolves, banshees, hags, apparently zombies, and all kinds of other mythological creatures, including faeries, not fairies,the cute ones with glitter and wings, faeries, the tricky ones. 

Evie, short for Evelyn,  has a gift to see beyond what other humans see. She can see past the glamours that mosst paranormals project. She can see the beings as they truly are. She has been with this agency for about half of her life, using her unique gift to help capture paranormals. It's her home, with people she considers her family. When an unknown paranormal breaks in, they discover that something has been killing paranormals. She will soon discover who she is, where she came from and what her purpose is.



Book Description: Evie's always thought of herself as a normal teenager, even though she works for the International Paranormal Containment Agency, her ex-boyfriend is a faerie, she's falling for a shape-shifter, and she's the only person who can see through paranormals' glamours.
But Evie's about to realize that she may very well be at the center of a dark faerie prophecy promising destruction to all paranormal creatures.
So much for normal.
I loved this book! I couldn't put it down (hardly). I literally finished this book in less than 6 hours. I loved all the mythology of the different beings. There's some that I haven't seen or heard about in books really, and the hag reminded me of my favorite TV show, Charmed! So...I was super stoked about that! Lend was such an interesting character. The intrigue around what he is was such a mystery and kept me guessing. I loved it! I can't lie, there were some sad parts. And I definitely cried, well sobbed a little bit. If you like a little bit of mythology, suspense, romance, and anything but normalcy, this is a great quick read!

Paranormalcy on Goodreads

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment