Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Author Spotlight - Allyson Gottlieb: 9/11/13 Top 10 (divided by 2)


Today we're going to get a little more of Allyson. This Top 10 is very special...because it's Allyson's very first Top 10 List! Woohoo! The Gryffindor table is very excited!

(gif provided by http://www.reactiongifs.com)

I couldn't really decide what the best Top 10 List for Allyson should be. So I gave her the choice. And...well with this being her first one, she was up for whatever!

hmm, I don't know. I love music, and TV, and movies, and food... 
pretty much anything you could throw at me, really

So, I decided to break it up a bit. Instead of doing one Top 10, we're doing TWO Top 5's! Whaaa?! Yup! That's what I said. TWO...TOP...FIVES!







Top 5 Favorite Male Characters
1. Magnus Bane (The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare)
Do I even need to explain? He's immortal and does magic and wears hair glitter and guyliner. He makes almost want to ship a side pairing more than the main pairing (Malec, please get back together already!!). And he has some of the funniest one-liners and adventures (more Bane Chronicles please!!!).

2. Kingsley Martin (Blue Bloods series by Melissa de la Cruz)
No sparkles in sight, thank you very much. Kingsley's a vampire, but in this world that means he's also a fallen angel that constantly reincarnates. He's one of the classic character tropes: the charming-but-arrogant bad boy who shapes up for the right girl. (And ooh, him and Mimi together can light some fires!)

3. Jaxon Pierce (Steel Lily by Megan Curd)
I didn't think it was possible to find a character I loved as much as the immortal Jace Wayland, but I was wrong! Jaxon is everything I loved so much about Jace (THE SARCASM, OH MY GOD THE SARCASM!!!) without some of the hang-ups. Also, I'm a sucker for eyes on guys, and Jaxon has "stormy blue-gray" ones (I imagine they'd contrast gorgeously with his darker skin).

4. Cole Parker (For Everly by Raine Thomas)
If you haven't met Cole yet, you seriously need to. This book is what really introduced me to the NA genre. Cole is so sweet and unlike most of the tortured, damaged NA heros, kind of funny too! And his devotion to his lady is amazing.

5. Ethan Wate (Beautiful Creatures series by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl)
Okay, I had issues with this series (especially after the first book), but I did like Ethan. The idea of having a YA paranormal romance from the guy's POV was unique and interesting, and I loved his voice and character. A refreshing gender-flip of the usual paranormal romance, he's the normal one in love with a paranormal girl, and in the first book at least, it was very sweet to watch his romance with Lena play out.


Top 5 Favorite Female Characters
1. Cammie Morgan (Gallagher Girls series by Ally Carter)
This is a series that I started when I was a lot younger, but I do still have a soft spot for Cammie. She's a spy-in-training who sort of wants to be a normal girl, yet also realizes that because of who she is that's not really possible. And her relationship with her three best friends is seriously enviable. I wish I had friends like that.

2. Isabelle Lightwood (The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare)
She's bold, brash, and honest. Isabelle might be a side character, but I think that gives her greater freedom to be able to do what she wants - like talk openly about sex without shame. Plus, she has a fantastic wardrobe and she kills demons with her stiletto heels. Can I be her, please?

3. Penny Harrison (Game Set Match by Jennifer Iacopelli)
I really love Penny because I sort of see a lot of myself in her. She's an eighteen-year-old girl who recently went pro on the tennis scene and is quickly climbing the rankings. (Just for the record, I have the athletic ability of a dead horse; it's Penny's drive and determination I love.) Also, her love interest is one of the hottest guys in the YA literary world (it's the British accent...)

4. Hanna Marin (Pretty Little Liars series by Sara Shepard)
Let's get one thing straight first - I have not been following the TV show for a while, because they changed SO MANY THINGS from the books (it always happens). But I relate to the Hanna of the books with her struggles to stay thin and pretty and perfect, along with her family issues. And I want to steal her wardrobe (even the parts of it that are stolen).

5. Katniss Everdeen (Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins)
Okay, yes, this one's a bit cliche, but I really do love Katniss's love for her little sister (I love my sister, but I don't think I'd volunteer to go to my death - because there's no way I'd survive the Hunger Games - for her), along with her ingenuity and resourcefulness.


Allyson has a few of my favorites in there! Most notably the FAB-U-LOUS MAGNUS BANE! I absolutely love him! But more from The Infernal Devices than The Mortal Instruments. But I can't wait to see what happens with him and Alex! But I digress...

Don't forget to enter the giveaway!
↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓












No comments:

Post a Comment